Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Nephew O's Hat

Over the past couple of years, I have made various promises to my sister-in-law that I would make a hand knit for her son O. Initially I wanted to make a sweater on one of my knitting boards, but never got around to it. Then I discovered knitting on needles and decided he should have a hat. I dove into my stash and found some lovely alpaca. After modifying a patter, I realized that I did not have a circular needle in the correct size so I opted to use multiple DPNs. I'm a circular needle-magic loop type of girl, so using DPNs was a challenge. The hat was failure. It was too small (this child has a gigantic head for a 2yo.) and my gauge was terribly wonky. *sigh*

After an exhaustive rav-search I found the perfect pattern, found some acrylic/wool yarn in my stash (better yarn for a youngster who will probably lose his hat) and had the correct size cirs on hand. I present to you...


Project:Scrap-happy Celebration Hat by Cosette Cornelius-Bate. This pattern is available as a free dowload on Ravelry. This is a bit more information about the hat too.

Yarn: Wool-Ease by Lion Brand. I used three colors, but could not tell you their specific color names. Cream, Burgandy & Brown would be my best description.


O refused to even touch the hat so my girly offered to model. Yeah - it's too big for her.

Needle:
Addi Turbo Needle US6 / 4mm - 32"circular. I used magic loop (as I usually do when I don't have a smaller cir. on hand.) I know the pattern calls for size US 7 needles, however at the time I didn't own that size. Decided to use a US 6 and hoped for the best.

Gauge: I didn't measure that. I'll have to do a better job of that if I'm going to blog about my projects, 'eh?

Finished size: See gauge

>^.^<

No comments: