Monday, February 14, 2011
Saturday, October 2, 2010
Saturday, August 14, 2010
I couldn't tell you when it happened, but one day I just stopped doing push-ups. Sad isn't it? I'm not surprised, I've never been able to stick to an exercise plan.
The up-side to this is that I can do 20 push-ups in a row! That is 10 more than I could do when I started...and those first 10 I can do without batting an eye.
Monday, April 5, 2010
It was my intention to blog every day during my Ultimate Push-Up Challenge 2010. Clearly that has not happened. Let's see how I've done:
I struggled with my decision how to approach the challenge. Is the goal to perform 100 push-ups a day for 100 days. Should I attempt to perform 100 consecutive push-ups? Should I do one set of 10 at a time? Do as many as I can at a time? I obsessed over this a bit too much - as usual.
I decided to do as many push-ups as possible a day, with the goal of 100 push-up per day. I started at lunch and tried to do as many consecutive push-ups as possible. I first tried your standard "good-form" push-up where the only points on the floor were my toes & hands. I eeked out two push-ups. Really? Yup - just two. Then I tried an alternative-form from my knees. I managed to do 10 good push-ups. From the knees it is from here on out.
Before I left the office, I did another set of 10. OMG! I thought my right arm was going to fall off during my drive home.
No - I'm not kidding.
Before I went to bed I eeked out another set of 10.
Total push-ups: 32
After I woke up I immediately did a set of 10. Then I walked into the bathroom and did a set of 10 reverse push-ups using the bath-tub as my support structure. Yahoo! It's 5:30am and I'm up to 20 push-ups for the day!
At lunch I went into a conference room and did a pitiful 6 push-ups before my arms completely gave out.
Total push-ups: 26
I decided to take the day off.
Total push-ups: 0
A breakthrough day!
During my obsessing on Day 1, I found a website that has created a six week training program to help you perform 100 consecutive push-ups. They're plan seems easy enough, so I thought I'd give it a go. I started at the beginning - Week 1, Day 1 (6 - 10 push-up column). Did two full sets - once in the morning and again before bed. I also did 6 reverse push-ups.
HOLY CRAP! I did as significantly more push-ups today! My goal of 100 push-ups a day is getting closer.
Total push-ups: 66
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Friday, January 8, 2010
- One of the cats has peed in the sink.
- Ends up on a snow bank in an attempt to avoid hitting another car.
- Attempts to extract self from snow bank without avail.
- Exits vehicle and evaluates situation.
- Calls husband for rescue.
- While waiting a kind stranger pulls car out of snow bank using a strap and a bad-ass Ford F450.
- Contacts husband to call off rescue effort.
- Merges onto expressway, reaches respectable speed and front end of car starts to shake.
- Convinced of have a flat, pull the car over on the shoulder to evaluate the problem.
- Find both tires are fine, but perhaps a little low.
- Decides to call husband to report latest development, but has "Low Battery" cell phone juice.
- Reasons problem is just the tires - no need to worry husband.
- Drive slowly (read - posted speed limit) to the Oasis with intent to fill tires with air at the gas station.
- Arrive at said gas station only to see the air machine is out of order.
- Remember that there is an emergency air compressor in the trunk.
- Hope that when you open the trunk that the trunk lock will latch and close properly without much fiddling since penguins are only comfortable in this arctic weather.
- Plug compressor into cigarette lighter-receptacle-thingy. Attempt to turn on compressor without luck.
- Plug compressor into second cigarette lighter-receptacle-thingy. Attempt to turn on compressor without luck again.
- Blown fuse.
- Now realizes why cell phone charger does not work any longer.
- Also realizes problem with front end is not the tires, but a "bigger problem."
- Continues trek to work hoping car will not fall apart.
- Arrives to work with great urge to pull out knitting in an effort to relax.
How were the first 2 1/2 hours of your day today?