Sunday, March 30, 2008

One Baby Blanket Down...


....many more to go!

Hurrah! I have finally finished the first baby blanket I started in this crazy race to make as many blankets as possible before May 11.


Let me introduce you to the "Security Blanket."

I picked the design out of a Vanna White book o'projects. It wasn't a terribly difficult pattern. In fact I'd recommend it to any beginner crocheter.



The finishing of the project was delayed when I had to weave in all of the end pieces. I'm not sure there is anything I despise more than having to weave in end pieces.

I know it comes with the territory, but I don't have to like it.

After the end weaving was complete, I started on the edging. I wasn't terribly fond of the ending recommended in the pattern. I wanted something a bit more eye appealing.

After a bit of experimentation, I settled on a picot edge.


Now all the blanket needs is a good wash and it will be ready for use!

No comments: